The Houston Association of Retired Teachers (HART)
1. To have a voice on the issues that confront our Texas state government regarding our retirement benefits and health insurance.
2. To be able to attend monthly HART meetings to stay informed about issues that affect our future as retired educators.
3. To be able to support HART’s programs which include Books For Children, HART’s Scholarship Fund, HART’s Continuing Education Fund for Teachers, and HART’s support of the Stilwell Memorial Residence for Retired Educators.
4. To be able to patriciate in monthly fun field trips to places of interest in the greater Houston area.
5. To meet new friends, connect with old friends and colleagues, and most importantly to have fun!
HART Photo Gallery
Photos & videos from our events
HART Calendar of Events
Signing into a HART monthly meeting
Issues (Click on the issue you want to read)
Paul and Sue Ofeld receive the Dr. Kate Bell Memorial "Spirit of Hart" award for their music contributions to the Houston Association of Retired Teachers.
Emily Zuniga—EC-6 (Bachelor of Arts in General Studies)
Sirenia Garcia—Music Education
Ursula Barreto—Special Education Renee Babin—EC-6 (Bachelor of Arts in General Studies) (not pictured: Angelique Pinto—Education (7-12 English)